Thursday 25 June 2009

Why..........

is it the simplest of cards, take the longest to make?
I had the design of a card in my head all of yesterday, i even used my Cricut design studio to do the lay out, so in theory all i had to do was cut it out and stick it together, right? No.
The first problem was choosing the papers to use, then i kept changing my mind, then went back to the first ones i picked out. Then i wasn't sure whether to leave the top half of the card bare, but in the end this is what i ended up with, it's a very simple card, probably looks like a really quickie but i know how many hours went into making it. I just hope my friend likes it and doesn't think it was a rush job.
I gave the word 'friend' (from GS cart) three coats of clear UTEE to give it dimension and shine. The scalloped circle is from Mini Monos , the branch is from Zooballoo and the butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch. The papers are MME Bloom.


8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I totally understand how it can take so long! But you've come up with a masterpiece for sure, so time well spent!

Mole said...

No-one could possibly think that's a rush job, Tracy! Love that scalloping!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, it's gorgeous. Love how you've done the word 'friend'.
There must be something in the air, nothing is coming together properly here also. I've had so many papers out I've lost count and then gone to print out my own from Pink Petticoat.
Barbara
x

Laura Fdz said...

Yes, I know what difficult is, really, but, at the end is beautiful!!!!Congrats!!!

~JulieH~ said...

Tracy it's a gorgeous card I love the Utee embossing and the butterflies. I can totally relate to your dilemna i do my layouts on DS too and think it's not going to take long but it always does!!
Juliexx

Peet said...

This is so gorgeous, Tracy!!!

Diana Mancuso said...

This is so pretty! I really love the butterflies!

~amy~ said...

wow...this is fabulous!